July 24, 2014

Moon Called. Patricia Briggs

Moon Called
Moon Called
Patricia Briggs
Publisher: Ace
Date: 2006
Format: Kindle
Pages: 317
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Source: Own book

Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...
Mini Review

Moon Called is the first book in the Mercy Thomson series.  I decided to try out this one - the first in the series because of all the readers who were raving about the latest book in this series.  It's a violent, fast paced story,  action filled with very interesting characters.

By the time I was halfway through, I thought to myself - no this book is not for me.  I am not a paranormal reader - except of course for Nalini Singh. (Love her books)  However by the time I got to the end I have to admit I was thinking - well I can't leave it there now, I want to find out more about Mercy Thomson.  She obviously has powers she is not aware of yet.  She has a very interesting relationship to Adam, the Alpha of the local werewolf pack.  Where is that going to go?

I don't like all these odd characters that populate the paranormal, yet dang it - I get drawn in.  With this one I think it is Mercy herself that I find intriguing, and I want to know more about her.  It looks like I'll be reading the next book at some time in the future.
4 stars

6 comments:

  1. LOL,that is how I felt a couple of years ago and now I am a paranormal junkie! This series is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they make these stories so good - I don't think I'll ever be a paranormal junkie, but you never know!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it drew you in! This is a series I've wanted to read for a long time - everyone seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy some paranormal, but this one might have too many other worldly creatures for me. But, then again maybe not. I'm glad you enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I am entirely with you - I can only cope with so much!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...