November 1, 2016

Month in Review. October

October

Welcome in, do join me by sharing your link to your look back at this month. I'm looking forward to visiting and seeing what everyone has been up to.  The link will be open for you to share your post whenever you post over the next few days.  Do visit each others' posts.

Total books read this month:      19
Book Formats:

PaperbackTen
E-BookSeven
AudiobookTwo
From TBR shelfTwo
Review BooksEight
From my New ShelfThree


Genres Read



Contemporary RomanceThree
Crime/SuspenseOne
FantasyTwo
Women's FictionFive
Historical FictionOne
MemoirOne
FictionFour


Books I Read
A Promise of Fire   Amanda Bouchet        5 stars.           Fantasy    Debut novel.
Gaining Visibility   Pamela Hearon           3 stars.           Women's Fiction
The Language of Sisters   Cathy Lamb      5 stars.           Women's Fiction
Don't Let Me Go   Catherine Ryan Hyde   4 stars            Fiction  - audiobook version
Two by Two   Nicholas Sparks                   4.5 stars         Fiction
Sold Short   Ainslie Paton                          3.5 stars         Romance
The Christmas Town  Donna VanLiere      3 stars            Christmas fiction/romance
The Horse Dancer    Jojo Moyes                4 stars.           Fiction
Marrying Winterbourne  Lisa Kleypas       3 stars            Historical romance
Poinciana Road       Margaret Way              4 stars           Women's Fiction
Flight Patterns   Karen White                      4 stars           Fiction
Peggy and Me   Miranda Hart                     4 stars            Memoir
Lowcountry Christmas    Mary Alice Monroe     5 stars   Christmas Fiction                
It Ends With Us      Colleen Hoover            4 stars          Women's Fiction   - audio version  
Switchback  Catherine Anderson                 4 stars          Romantic suspense
 Promises to Keep   Jane Green                   4 stars           Women's Fiction
All the Possibilities  Nora Roberts               3 stars           Romance  Macgregors #3 - audio
Faithful    Alice Hoffman                             4.5 stars        Contemporary Fiction
Archangel's Heart     Nalini Sing                 4.5 stars         Urban Fantasy


New to me authors.
Amanda Bouchet
Pamela Hearon
Donna VanLiere
Catherine Ryan Hyde
Colleen Hoover
Alice Hoffman

Top Books for October

book cover book cover


Looking Forward to Reading in November...

book cover



Incoming Books.
Paperback Books Purchased:
book cover book cover



E Books Purchased:
book cover book cover



Books coming from NetGalley or Edelweiss
book cover book cover

Won from Paperplus New Zealand
Book Cover

Accepted to review
book cover


Audio Books from Audible credits.


book cover book cover



Reading Challenges 2016
I completed quite of few of my challenges this month.

Goodreads - 150 books - completed.
New to You Reading Challenge
Prequel-Sequel Challenge
Full House Reading Challenge
NetGalley Challenge

badge


So how did your reading month pan out?

24 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a great month! I'm eyeing The Language of Sisters. Enjoy November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel-Rain. I love Cathy Lamb books, they just so appeal to me.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic month...love how you organized your post.

    Loved Flight Patterns...Damaged looks good.

    You definitely read a lot of books.

    I can't believe tomorrow/today is November. Wow!!

    HUGS, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I know I have been wanting to read Flight Patterns since you all started posting about it so was happy to get to it.

      Delete
  3. You had a great month Kathryn! I loved It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - and that was the first book I had read by her, too...now I want to go back and read more of her books :) I also need to read more of Sarah Jio's books - I've only read a few of hers.

    Hope you have a great November!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes will read Colleen Hoover again too. The power of bloggers brought me to Sarah Jio and I enjoy her as well!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great month. Enjoy Nov.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, hopefully some good books in my future and yours.

      Delete
  5. Another awesome month! I see many books I have on my wish list! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Freda and I hope your November reading is the best.

      Delete
  6. congrats, impressive! I have not read any you read. I have read a book by Alice Hoffman, her very first I think, but not this one. Emma at Words and Peace and France Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No match up here but I did find two on your list I had read which I was pretty happy to note!

      Delete
  7. Nice, Kathryn! I read and enjoyed Faithful, but that's it from your list, though I've read and enjoyed in the past Cathy Lamb, Catherine Ryan Hyde, Nicholas Sparks, Lisa Kleypas, Nora Roberts and Catherine Anderson... so I'm open to any and all suggestions and will jot your choices down.

    Glad you had a great month reading, and look forward to what you're reading this coming month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita thanks for visiting and wow you have read many of the above authors. Nicholas Sparks and Catherine Ryan Hyde are new to me, and Catherine Anderson and Cathy Lamb are real comfort reads for me and well.... Nora Roberts is ..... Nora Roberts! Hope you enjoy your November reads.

      Delete
  8. Yikes, October is over already. The days go by so fast. So glad you rated A Promise of Stars a 5 as I took a chance and picked up the book. I look forward to reading it in November. Gotta go and request Always. Have a great November of reading. Thanks for hosting the Month in Revies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did October fly by so quick! Yikes! Looks like you had a successful reading month Kathryn Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Small Great Things looks wonderful! You had an incredible month of reading and I hope November is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nineteen books is incredible. It seems that everyone is reading Colleen Hoover lately. Hope you have a fantastic November!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One question only:
    How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, being retired helps! Always loved reading and even when I worked I have to say I pretty much read where and whenever I could.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...