January 4, 2017

Mulberry Moon. Catherine Anderson.

book cover
Published: Berkley Publishing - Jove.
Date: 3rd January 2017
Format: e-ARC
Pages: 448
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Rating:
4 stars                  Add to Goodreads

Sissy Sue Bentley has worked hard to make it on her own, and she doesn’t need another man in her life. From her alcoholic father to the men she’s dated, who were after only one thing, they are nothing but trouble. Except Ben keeps showing up whenever she really needs help. Sissy struggles to deny her growing feelings for him—but soon Ben’s tender concern has her hoping for a happier future.

Then her past comes barreling back into her life, and it will take more than the love in Ben’s heart to hold them together.
My thoughts banner
Mulberry Moon was another very enjoyable read from Catherine Anderson. Her small town story, filled with family and supportive towns people, animals and drama, all add up to a very good read. I love the cover of this book and the Indian saying that goes with the mulberry moon.

Ben Sterling is the hero of the story and like all other Catherine Anderson heroes, a fine man with values and respect for himself and others. And with a mother that always expects the best of her sons! He turns his hand to helping Sissy who has overloaded herself with chickens and really doesn't have too much idea about how to care for them. The chicken part of the story is a lot of fun and well actually... very informative. As well Ben has a very trusty puppy named Finnegan who is downright adorable.

On the other hand Sissy is without family and setting up a business single handedly in Mystic Creek. She has guts and determination and is beginning to make a success of her small cafe. The people in town like her and are beginning to watch out for her.  Her family background is the opposite of Ben's one.  She had the bad luck of an abusive father and a battered, abused mother. Escaping there clutches was the best thing Sissy ever did.

It doesn't take long for Ben to become smitten with Sissy, however although she likes him her background means she is not going to trust easily. But Ben has a plan - wait her out and don't crowd her.

There is plenty of action in the story, it is well paced, peppered with extremely delightful animals and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


favourite author cover loveRomanticFurry Fun

16 comments:

  1. I just added the series to my GR to read list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like small town you'll like this series Mary. They have all been good reads.

      Delete
  2. I need to try one of hers one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this reviewed by another blogger friend. It looks like I'll have to put her on my must read for 17 list. Thanks Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw Kimberley's review too. She liked it as well. And well... I'll read anything CA.

      Delete
  4. I am drawn to the cover...and the small town setting. Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally love the cover. It just appeals to my sense of colour.

      Delete
  5. I like small town settings where everyone knows one another. I've moved up this series to my 2017 must read shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to get that community feel isn't it.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed this book too and look forward to revisiting Mystic Creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will certainly look forward to the next one, which hopefully there will be.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous cover as I mentioned on Monday.

    Nice review.

    Not a genre I read, but thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes not everyone's reading genre Elizabeth and for sure not yours. I like small town contemporary romance stories but in moderation!

      Delete
  8. I was visiting the blog to look for the 2017 challenge (need to create my sign-up post) and this cover stopped me in my track. I ended up forgetting why I was here to begin with. =) It's a beautiful cover and the book sounds like a well balanced book with plenty to offer readers. I'll have to add this to my TBR. Only 5 days into 2017 and I'm adding a whole bunch. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover too Lonna. It is beautiful. Sometimes a cover just sings to you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...