May 18, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sheila at Book Journey runs It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I will  link up as well to the Sunday Post at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Again the week has gone quickly.  Saturday I went to a local quilt show and enjoyed it very much. Such beauty.  In the morning I visited my Aunt's house and saw her beautiful quilts - all hand quilted. Oh my!  So I am being plenty motivated to start learning.

We had a rather wet week, lots of local flooding, although I don't live near a river so I was okay. Trains and roads were closed so those who made it into the city in the morning had to stay overnight and those who were turned back in the morning couldn't get to work. 

badge - FitReaders
Not quite such a good week.  Walked five days out of the seven, but the flood day and Saturday was busy (and cold and windy) so on those two days didn't make it out, which meant I didn't make my weekly goal but 82% of it was okay.  


What I read last week:

book cover book cover book cover

book cover
Remember When is a two book combination.  The first book by Nora R. was Hot Rocks and I discovered I had read it on audio, so just read the J. D. Robb one which was also 17.5 in the In Death series and I believe is titled Big Jack. Big Jack was a follow up to Hot Rocks so it was a fun read.

What I am reading at present:

I am still listening to Anne Bishop's Vision in Silver - just over half way through.
I am reading The Marriage Season by Linda Lael Miller

Up next:

Amy Snow by Tracey Rees.
The Lake Season by Hannah Roberts McKinnon

Both of the above are new authors to me, I think Amy Snow is a debut novel.

Posts from the last week:



10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great reading week Kathryn. My neighbor makes quilts. They are so impressive! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the (in between) In Death series by JD Robb. Though I like the idea of them.

    I wish I could identify a hobby I'd enjoy (as well as reading, TV, eating and so forth!) Make sure you follow through on your quilting plans!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good reading week. Look forward to seeing what you think of the Sharon sala book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My MIL makes the most beautiful quilts ... I'd love to try a basic one for Mia. I'll be keen to see photos once you take the plunge! Some great reading, what a beautiful cover on Jericho! Glad you didn't have an issue with the flooding, we have finally finished cleaning up after ours. Off to check out your reviews I missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh rain, it's just drizzly here,. My MIL does some quilting but I've never tried it, I'm a lousy seamstress.

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you enjoy I'll Stand by You? Great reading week! I have always wanted to own a hand made quilt. Around here they are really expensive, though. If only I had the talent to make something like that. My craftiness is non-existent! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lots of my favorite authors on your list. I love Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb and a new favorite is Anne Bishop. Come see what my week was like here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been noticing The Lake Season, and now I want to check it out some more. I am also curious about Remember When.

    Enjoy your books and your week...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could quilt! Have so many other hobbies that I most likely will not pick up quilting. Great reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been praying for all those going through these fierce weather issues - flooding, tornadoes, drought, earth quakes and more. I am glad you are safe. I hope you get to enjoy quilting. I used to do some needlepoint but now I mostly read and blog. :-)
    I love your bright covers from last week's reading - they look like they would be enjoyable. When I read Remember When it was a rather drab gray as I recall.
    Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...