January 31, 2018

Reading Month in Review.

Month of January icon

Welcome in, do join me by sharing your link to your look back at this month. I'm looking forward to visiting and seeing what everyone has been up to.  The link will be open for you to share your post whenever you post over the next few days.  Do visit each others' posts.

Total books read this month: 15

Books Read:
The Sea of Tranquillity   Katja Millay    5 stars
The Promise Between Us  Barbara Claypole White 5 stars
Falling Upward    Richard Rohr    5 stars
Hearts of Resistance   Soraya M. Lane 4. 5 stars
Spring Forward   Catherine Anderson  4.5 stars
The Secret Hour   Luanne Rice   4.5 stars
Tempest   Beverly Jenkins   4 stars
Deep Work : Rules for Focussed Success in a Distracted World  Cal Newport   4 stars
Hold Your Breath  Katie Ruggle   4 stars
The Upside   Abdel Sellou  4 stars
A Grown Up Kind of Pretty   Joshilyn Jackson    4 stars
Promise Not to Tell   Jayne Ann Krentz   4 stars
The Tuscan Child  Rhys Bowen    4 stars
Daily Rituals: How Artists Work      Mason Currey  3 stars
The Duchess    Danielle Steele  3 stars

15 book covers

Book Formats:

PaperbackOne
E-BookEleven
AudiobookThree
From TBR shelfOne
Review BooksSix
From my New Shelf   Four


Genres Read

Contemporary RomanceTwo
Crime/SuspenseTwo
FantasyZero
Mainstream FictionThree
Historical FictionFour
MemoirOne
Non FictionThree

New to me authors.
Rhys Bowen
Soraya M. Lane
Cal Newport
Katja Millay
Katie Ruggle
Mason Currey

Top Books for January

Loved The Promise Between Us
book cover

And this audiobook had me glued to my ear buds!
book cover

Looking forward to reading in February...

book cover



Incoming Books.
Paperback Books Purchased:
Okay being virtuous I put in a request at the Library for this some time back, but then on the 30th January I was in our local bookshop and it was a good price plus I had a $5 discount and well... the rest is history and its now looking good sitting on my shelf until I can fit it in.... which will be soon!
book cover



E Books Purchased:
book cover book cover

book cover



Library Books: 
I am on a mission to improve my Library use, and to do less clicking at online shops.
book cover book cover



Books coming from NetGalley 
book cover book cover
book cover



Audio Books 
Using one credit at Audible
book cover




badge


So how did your reading month pan out?

20 comments:

  1. What a great reading start on this first month of 2018! You read some great books. I want to use my library more often too but have too many books I read for work. Hope you have a fab February of reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a good January! I hope you love your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had an awesome month for books!!! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you try to be virtuous when it comes to books! You had a great reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 51 book! Wow! great that they were almost all 4-5 star reads too. Impressive reading month. I think I read 4 books...I am already behind the 8 ball with my Goodreads challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great number for a month of books. I'm impressed. You read a balanced selection in genres also. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great month in review Kathryn!! Bring on Feb!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great month! Enjoy February, and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks like you had a great reading month. Towards the beginning of January, I started a reading challenge (to read 100,000 pages in 1 year) and so far the first few weeks of the challenge have been hard, but it's been a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathryn - you had a great month of reading!!! I am looking forward to Kristin Hannah's new book - and I think I'm going to listen to it...I love her books on audio :) Happy February!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo for using more your library. I don't know if it's as good in NZ as in the US. here we are so fortunate with public libraries, apart from so many books in the stacks, they have so many ebooks and audiobooks you can get online through streaming. plus, we can always request a book from another library. it's free if it's in a library somewhere in the whole state you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2018 got off to a great reading start for you! I am on the wait list for The Sea of Tranquility audio! If it takes too long, I know I will end up buying it. Using the library helps my book budget.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katheryn,
    Great list of books. I've put The Great Alone on
    my TBR list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been curious about the new Jojo Moyes book. Looks like you had a great reading month. I'm happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a ton of positively rated books! I hope you enjoy your February. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great reading this month! I've got The Tuscan Child coming up on my list and I loved Promise Not to Tell. I'm adding several of these to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you had an awesome reading month! I want to listen to The Sea of Tranquility.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...