December 3, 2016

Full House Reading Challenge 2017 Sign Up

Reading Challenge Graphic 2017

Challenge Guidelines:

  • Challenge will run from Jan 1st to December 31st 2017
  • Write and publish a post stating your intention to participate. In the post please include the Challenge graphic and a link back to this post. Then link your intention post at the bottom of this post.  Make sure it is the actual post and not just a generic link to your blog.
  • Add your reviews back here on the link in this post. At the end of every three months there will be a U.S. $12 prize with a book of your choice from the Book Depository or U.S. Amazon voucher, for the entries. There will be a new linky then for the next quarter and so on to the end of December.
  • Reviews are not mandatory and if you prefer to keep a list of the books read and the category they cross off the card, then you can still enter for the completion of a Full House by linking to that list on the final linky or in a comment. The list could be kept on somewhere like Goodreads or in a Google doc.

Link Ups
Jan - March   closed
April- June    closed
July - September now closed
October - December   now open
  • Each review can only be linked up once in the year. However it doesn't matter when you read the book in 2017 - which month, just link as you remember or have time. So if you read it in January you may not get around to linking it until say... May. That is fine.
  • Books may cross over from other challenges that you are doing. However a different book for each square, one book cannot cover two squares.
  • There will be a final post to link in a summary post for the challenge for those who have completed a full house. This will close on the 2nd January 2018  and a winner will be chosen using random.org for a U.S. $30 prize which again can be used to buy books at the Book Depository or be received as an Amazon voucher.
Completion Link.  now open, because I know some of you get this completed way before me!
  • Complete the card below.  You can do it in any order you wish.  You are allowed "one free exchange", if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free choice that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.
    Full House Reading Challenge 2017
* Book about books.  This can be fiction or non-fiction. It can be anything for example where the setting is a book shop for example. 

* Not really for you.  This can be a kind of book you don't usually read, or it could be one you just DNF, or one you just didn't enjoy that much.
* Diversity.  Think ethnic, cultural, religious, and gender diversity and you may come up with something you think of as well, as the list is basic.  But it must be somehow quite different to you. 

* Book from a list.   There are heaps of lists out there, from bestsellers to numerous Goodreads ones.

*Authors  UK/European author reads   UK or European author. 

*Size Word in Title   e.g small, little, tiny, huge, large, big, mini....etc. 

If you have a question about any category just leave a comment and I will get back to you.



32 comments:

  1. I'm in once again. I've only ever read one Western--this one is definitely a Challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Jamie. You are very welcome, thanks for supporting.

      Delete
  2. This does sound fun, but I don't think I can join. Out of curiosity, are you going to do the Read the Books You Buy challenge again? I really liked the idea. :-)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I decided I'd do it for another year, so that will go up most likely within the next week.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love this challenge <3 Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still working on completing my personal challenge to read 100 books this year. I am a little (read A LOT) behind schedule so I am up to like a book every 2 days right now and finishing books that I started earlier this year and didn't finish. When that rush is over, I'll start working on my list for next year and link-up. But just FYI, I did get my Fearless level - so far I've read about 45 novels this year plus a whole lot of non-fiction.
    Thanks for posting the challenge so early to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best for this year and next. On this challenge you don't actually have to list the books until you read them or find them. I have no clue what I will read for each but I know I will during 2017.

      Delete
  5. I'm more than a little intrigued. I'm in this year and we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At some point in the next month or so I'll have to figure out how to set something up to actually list out which ones are getting marked off when, but for now Goodreads will do the trick. Can't wait to get started.

      Delete
    2. Suzy Goodreads will work I am sure. If it was me I'd make a shelf and then when read the book you could put in a comment which one it crossed off. However I am sure there are a few solutions!

      Delete
    3. Enjoying the challenge thus far and at least started a Google doc so I could list out the books I've finished or planned for each category. I'm marking them with an X once finished so I verify not to confuse myself.

      Delete
    4. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G2xtV2TUZnJG787qQJHhrQjMiNtFzXQ6ErKIZUma1pM/edit?usp=drivesdk

      Goggle doc link. Wasn't sure if I can replace the other link but I wanted to be accountable. Book #3 finished tonight. 🤗

      Delete
    5. Great use of the Google doc and the link in my email went straight to it.

      Delete
  6. I'm joining this reading challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm joining again. I've done this two years in a row and I keep forgetting to check back in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My resolution this year is to check back in with the challenges I do.

      Delete
  8. I haven't done any challenges for a few years, but this is one that really interests me, so I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kathryn

    Thanks for hosting another edition of the challenge. I want to sign-up for it but find myself flummoxed by a few categories. Could you explain these:

    1. On TBR: Should these be on our shelves or simply on our wishlist? Is it important that we own this book?
    2. Middle grade: Is this a book meant primarily for teens? If yes, can this be a re-read?
    3. 2017 published: Should it be published for the first time n 2017 or can this be a republication?
    4. Backlist: Is the backlist the same as list of books by an author?
    5. Book from childhood: Does this have to be a re-read or just any book of an author read in childhood?

    Sorry for all the trouble.

    Hope the first week of the new year has gone-off well. Here's wishing you happiness and success in all the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neer thanks for the clarifying questions.
    1. On TBR I thought of as you actually having it on your shelf or ereader. If you don't have such a book then you can move to your wish list and then could be from library etc.
    2. MG I think of as around the 11- 13 or 14 year age group, so before YA kicks in. Can be a reread.
    3. 2017 first published.
    4. Yes that is exactly it. But not this year published rather previously.
    5. Can be a reread, that was what I was thinking of, but no reason why it could not also be any book by an author you read in childhood.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn for the clarification. Off to write a signing-up post now.

      Delete
  11. This looks like a lot of fun! Just signed up. Thanks for hosting! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm done! Will link my completion post later in the year when the link goes up. Thanks for hosting-it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First year participating and I got my first bingo, what do I do? Thanks!! -Jobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine - congrats. There will be a post up within the next week to put in your link for completion.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I loaded up my first bingo, and I just hit my second one, can I load it as well? (I didn't have one for Jan-Mar)

      Delete
    3. Jasmine yes of course you can, you can load as many into this section as you have and then a new one up next month. As long as each book is only place in once there is no worries about which link up you put it in.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...