November 25, 2017

Full House Reading Challenge 2018

Full House 2018 Reading Challenge badge
Hosted here at Book Date
Reading Challenge Grid.

Challenge Guidelines:

  • Challenge will run from Jan 1st to December 31st 2018
  • Write and publish a post stating your intention to participate. In the post please include the Challenge graphic and a link back to this post. Then link your intention post at the bottom of this post.  Make sure it is the actual post and not just a generic link to your blog.  If you do not have a blog, leave a comment with stating your intention below and how you are going to track.
  • Add your reviews back here on the link in this post. At the end of every three months there will be two prizes of  U.S. $15 prize with a book of your choice from the Book Depository or U.S. Amazon voucher, for the entries. There will be a new linky then for the next quarter and so on to the end of December.
  • Reviews are not mandatory and if you prefer to keep a list of the books read and the category they cross off the card, then you can still enter for the completion of a Full House by linking to that list on the final linky or in a comment. The list could be kept on somewhere like Goodreads or in a Google doc.  If you are on Goodreads but don't have a blog you might like to link your reviews to the linky to be in to win the quarterly prizes.  Or any place where you do reviews on the web.

Link Ups Each Quarter.
Jan - March    Now Closed
April- June      Now Closed
July - September   Now Closed
October - December   Now Open
    • Each review can only be linked up once in the year. However it doesn't matter when you read the book in 2018 - which month, just link as you remember or have time. So if you read it in January you may not get around to linking it until say... May. That is fine.
    • Books may cross over from other challenges that you are doing. However a different book for each square, one book cannot cover two squares.
    • There will be a final post to link in a summary post for the challenge for those who have completed a full house. This will close on the 2nd January 2019  and a winner will be chosen using random.org for one U.S. $40 prize which again can be used to buy books at the Book Depository or be received as an Amazon voucher. Often participants never come back to link to the completion line!  I will therefore open it early so that you can do it and forget it! 
    Completion Link.  
    Will go live very soon.   Now Open   I have changed over to WordPress.com so the link will take you to my new site. It looks a lot like this one!

    Obviously some of these will be either fiction or non-fiction, but there are others that could be either and so that is your choice which way you go.

    List 

    1. Mystery or thriller
    2. Historical
    3. Over 500 pages
    4. Setting in library or  bookshop
    5. 4 word title
    6. Last book added to your TBR (as of the time you fulfil this one)
    7. Classic
    8. Fantasy
    9. Coming of Age theme
    10. Adapted to a Movie
    11. Holiday season
    12. Has big plot twist
    13. Humor
    14. Book to improve your life
    15. Redemption theme
    16. Has a number in the title
    17. Under 250 pages
    18. New to you author from another country
    19. From a favorite series of yours
    20. Dual time line
    21. Non fiction hobby book
    22. Children's book ( could be a picture book if wished)
    23. Book chosen randomly from TBR shelf. You might like to do it with your eyes closed from an actual shelf. Or check your TBR on Goodreads, see how many there are and put that number into random.org. Or whatever method you think of.
    24. Memoir or Autobiography
    25. Reread
    If you have any questions just leave them below in the comments.


    41 comments:

    1. Yay, I love your challenge! I'm in again. I still have three books left to finish for the 2017 challenge. Thanks for hosting!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks GREAT!!

      I won't participate simply because I get too stressed with challenges. :)

      Have fun everyone.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm in! I am going to write my post about the challenge tomorrow. (I'm getting ready to watch some football!) Thanks for hosting this. I love a good challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Looks like fun! Are book that are "read" through audio ok?

      ReplyDelete
    5. I am in and can't wait to start!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This sounds fun. Okay, I've bookmarked your post for next year. I'm going to try it!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'm in again this year. Still one more to go for 2017, but I had a blast stretching myself into reading some of the categories!

      ReplyDelete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ok I totally messed up the sign up. LOL I can usually follow instructions. The challenge graphic is shown on my sidebar along with the list of requirements. My question is do we have to list books we choose to read or as we read can we cross off the category the book matches. Please don't kick me out of the challenge for not following directions. lol

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. PS I am going to re-up correctly

        Delete
      2. Janet you don't have to list books beforehand, only record and mark off as you read a book that matches. When I am doing it I often find a book I pick up and read matches a category. You really haven't messed up! ;)

        Delete
    10. what's a dual time line line and what does NF stand for?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thomas - thanks for asking. Dual time line is where a book has a story going say in the present and one going back in history sometime. So two stories going on but usually interlinked.
        NF = non fiction.

        Delete
    11. I'm in! I have a huge TBR list so hopefully this challenge will help my plow through it. Or maybe it'll just add to it! I don't have a blog and since I'm a bit of a Luddite, I'm going to make a paper version of the bingo board so I can cross off as I go. I do have Goodreads though, so I can keep track and review there.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Great Muriel so if you link your reviews up you can enter in for the giveaways as you go and just leave a comment on the final link up to say you completed and I will include you in the draw.

        Delete
    12. so doing list anyone any idea for library or bookshop?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thomas I'd just keep an eye out and decide the book as the year goes by. This challenge doesn't require you to set all the books straight away. Although I guess you may want to.

        Delete
      2. Hi! I just read my "bookshop" book so I figured I'd recommend it to you. It's called You by Caroline Kepner. It's creepy AF and so interestingly written. It's all written from the stalker's POV as if he's writing to his victim. He works in a bookshop and I'd say about 75% of it takes place in the shop, so I hope that counts!

        Delete
      3. Certainly counts Muriel. Not sure if I'd be able to read it as I am not good with creepy!!

        Delete
      4. Lol don't do it! I don't know why but I've read so many books lately that make me never want to date again. Purely by accident. I think, "Oh, this looks good" and then there's a psycho stalker boyfriend. I don't read romance but I feel like I might have to start, just to balance it out!

        Delete
    13. Hi! I joined in your 'Read the Books You Buy' challenge last year and was wondering if there will be a wrap up post to link up my progress? :) This challenge looks fun, love a good bingo card!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Rebecca yes there will be a wrap up post for that and thanks for reminding me to do it. For some reason I thought I had but.... I haven't so watch for it in the next few days. :)

        Delete
    14. Some of the categories seem quite challenging. Keen to take on the challenge. Will soon do a sign-up post. BTW, is there no Free exchange, this year?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Neer - no free exchange this year, I left it off! It's hard core ;)

        Delete
      2. Great! Now please tell me what exactly is Holiday season (is it Christmas and/or something else?) and in the four-word title do articles and prepositions count?

        Delete
      3. Yes Christmas and I guess for others there are many kinds of holidays that they celebrate that may be set in a book. Hmm 4 words, I guess prepositions and articles could either be counted or left out at each reader's discretion.

        Delete
      4. Thanks Kathryn. Have signed up for the challenge and can't wait to start crossing out the categories done.

        Delete
    15. I'm in!!
      what do you mean for "Coming of Age theme"?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Welcome. Where a character through the challenges faced in the story grows from those teen years into adulthood, or steps quite a bit further towards it.

        Delete
    16. I keep participating and then never remember to check in. Oh well, either way it's fun. I'll try to remember this year.

      ReplyDelete
    17. I enjoyed taking part in this one last year and am looking forward to participating in this year's version. Thanks for hosting and setting it up again.

      ReplyDelete
    18. "Historical".. can it be a fiction book? An invented story which takes place in a specific (and well specified) historical period?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. For sure. Sorry so late replying to this found it in my comment moderation folder. Had forgotten to look there!

        Delete
    19. I'm done! Looks like your completion link goes to 2017. Any chance the 2018 completion link is somewhere I can't find? ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sue so sorry about this, and just found your comments in the awaiting moderation section. I will put up a post for the completion one for 2017 very soon.

        Delete
    20. Entering my participation for this great challenge, Kathryn, and will work on linking reviews to books read under Oct-Dec. Sorry health keeps interrupting reading interests! but doing my best. Thanks for hosting this annual enjoyment !

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...